Unpeeling by Yumi Sakugawa
here’s a remix i did for my friends grizzly bear.. enjoy
Neil Hilborn performs “The Future” at The Artists Quarter in St. Paul, MN for the 2013 National Poetry Slam Qualifier.
"i think a lot about killing myself. not like a point on a map, but rather like a glowing exit sign at a show that’s never been quite bad enough to make me wanna leave. see, when i’m up i don’t kill myself because HOLY SHIT THERE’S SO MUCH LIFE TO DO. and when i’m down i don’t kill myself because then the sadness would be over. and the sadness is my old paint under the new. i’d still be me without it, but i’d be so boring.”
1. Contrary to popular belief, waking up early isn’t going to drastically alter your life or effect how you’re feeling. So sleep till noon and relish in the way laying in bed all day makes you feel a little more human.
2. Drinking your coffee ‘black’ doesn’t make you cooler or more sophisticated than the rest of us who load in milk and sugar.
3. Being unimpressed by everything makes you look like a twat. Get excited, be overly passionate about something. Enthusiasm is fun.
4. Hating yourself isn’t romantic.
5. Eat whatever you want. your friend’s a vegan? Awesome. Listen to her talk about how great she feels because of it while you tuck in to some chocolate cake. Tell her you feel just as great."
More Reminders- Charlotte Geier (via wethinkwedream)
People always say that it hurts at night
and apparently screaming into your pillow at 3am
is the romantic equivalent of being heartbroken.
it’s 9am on a tuesday morning
and you’re standing at the kitchen bench waiting for the toast to pop up
And the smell of dusty sunlight and earl gray tea makes you miss them so much
you don’t know what to do with your hands.
Rosie Scanlan, On Missing Them (via chaeronea)
No. I don’t want to die anymore.